#121 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Well, been a while, things have been busy as all hell for me of late. Car has been moved into a storage shed in Ararat.

Ty, if you could please PM me a list of everything that needs to come out of it and brought back to you, that'd be awesome. I'll get it all down to you at some stage.

I haven't had any time to actually work on this old girl over the past 2 months, its been gathering dust. Hopefully get a bit of time in the next month or 2, but I'm not holding out hope. B4 will be picked up sometime mid to late July. Lots of parts will be ratted from that for the track car. Expecting to have a track car that will be ready turn key start by christmas. That doesn't include track prep, but the conversion done and the ability to actually drive it (of course not registered however)

Will keep this page updated as things progress.

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#122 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Update. Pick up the B4 around mid august now. Been some issues trying to organise things with my new roster. Will hopefully be removing and replacing some bits from the track car over this week coming, whilst being back home.

Been starting to get a list together of parts that will be sold to help find this little play toy:
HID headlights, suit rev D/E gen 3's, complete with wiring loom for self levelling.
Bilstien struts and STi pink springs.
Complete interior of an ADM B4, minus the bfm cluster
Maybe the momo wheel

Will update this as I think of more things.

Cheers, Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#123 ChrisLovell

ChrisLovell

Southwest Mexican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports and flying

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

fork yeah skitz Ararat conversions gonna be happening soon. Lets see if we can get it all done in the storage shed haha  :sarcastic:

outback Rs edit

Threads: Chris' MY01 Outback

Chris' MY93 RS Turbo

#124 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:56 AM

Hahaha, don't laugh, I'll get it converted in that storage shed!
Might take a while, but it'll be done. I've got to go through the gen 2 loom diagrams and see if I can just simply swap the gen 2 loom for the gen 3 one complete. Save me splitting and splicing and ending up with a mess.

I'll be pulling the struts and wheels off this block off coming to go back to Ty. It can stay on stands until I get the B4 back with the coilovers.

Cheers,
Ben

#125 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

Time this thread was updated. Wheels have been removed, and suspension is almost completely removed. Rear struts are just sitting in place. The first things that need to be done is install the coilovers and then put wheels back on this thing so I can put the B4 in the shed with it. Then parts will start being slowly transferred.

And by slowly I mean as fast as I can manage with this roster I'm working...

Cheers,
Ben

#126 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:10 AM

Well. Coilovers are in. Spare v8 STi wheels are on as well. Pics as soon as I'm off this phone. Had to remove the headlights and indicators to allow the B4 to fit in the shed. It's a tight fit. But things will happen next break. Spent most of the last one in Adelaide, so only 4 hours or so was spent on the cars. This coming break should see more time spent in the shed.

Cheers,
Ben

#127 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,457 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

Well. Coilovers are in. Spare v8 STi wheels are on as well. Pics as soon as I'm off this phone. Had to remove the headlights and indicators to allow the B4 to fit in the shed. It's a tight fit. But things will happen next break. Spent most of the last one in Adelaide, so only 4 hours or so was spent on the cars. This coming break should see more time spent in the shed.

Cheers,
Ben

Whats doing with the billies from the gen 2?

tIeW8DE.png

#128 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Ty said he wanted them back. So they're waiting with the wheels.

#129 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:46 AM

Haha, well, its been a little while, and nothing has really progressed here. New job means no time for car fiddling. Been tossing around the idea of making a steel frame to put in the storage shed as a mezzanine floor so I can store parts that I pull off the B4 - due to having no room to do anything...

Lads, I need to come down to melbourne with a shiteload of parts to give to their respective owners. Are the weekly Burwood meets still happening?

Cheers,

Ben

#130 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Haha, well, its been a little while, and nothing has really progressed here. New job means no time for car fiddling. Been tossing around the idea of making a steel frame to put in the storage shed as a mezzanine floor so I can store parts that I pull off the B4 - due to having no room to do anything...

Lads, I need to come down to melbourne with a shiteload of parts to give to their respective owners. Are the weekly Burwood meets still happening?

Cheers,

Ben

Meets are still on most weeks. Shoot Joss a message would be the best bet. He seems to be in the know if theyre happening during the week. I believe theres a sizeable one planned for next week

tIeW8DE.png

#131 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

Ah. I won't be making that one unfortunately. I'm not back in the country for another few weeks yet. New roster is pretty nasty for duration, but the days off are great.
I'll be sure to do that, and I'll give you chaps fair warning as well, make sure you're all there to collect your respective bits.
Cheers for the heads up there Nick.

Cheers,
Ben

#132 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

Sounds good Ben.

Catch ya soon.

#133 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

So. Progress finally. Storage shed has been increased in size. Went down this morning and noticed that the one next to mine was empty and without a lock. So I packed up what I was doing and went straight to the agent.

And done!
Got back and immediately started removing half of the partition between them so I can actually work in there. Yes, I know its not something you're supposed to do, but I'll put it all back up again before I hand them back.

So, back to the car. B4 has had the crash bar removed, as well as the battery. I've put her up on jack stands, and removed all the wheels. The braided lines have now all been removed for Simon. Just ended up cutting the hard lines because they wouldn't come undone. Will get the impact socket out tomorrow night and remove those for ya Beckers. Still yet to make it down to Melbourne, and working shift coverage this weekend too. Thats ok though, I'll make it eventually.

#134 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

Mad

tIeW8DE.png

#135 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:33 PM

Wow. 2 years, and this literally has not moved. Had to give the shed next to mine back again, as it was too damned expensive to keep it. So its been relegated until I get a few other more important things off my plate.

Cheers,
Ben

#136 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:49 PM

So... Been a while since I've updated this thread - Things are coming, its been moved into the shed at the new joint and will be getting some love over the next couple of months. I've organised with Nick to buy the arse end out of his waghoon that was written off, so that will give me fresh bearings and nice arms/bushes etc in the back. Plus the brembos are sitting on the bench with new seal kits next to them - once the rear subframe and goodies get bolted in, I'll fit the bits and pieces to be ready for when the driveline etc comes across from the daily. Will also fit the sway bars I got from when I bought the B4 back. Josh had a stash of gen2 parts in there he gave me when I bought it back, with a few nice goodies.

Anyways, will leave you guys to your entertainment - stay posted for the next update in 18 months time!

Cheers,

Ben

#137 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:48 AM

18 month updates are good. Add pics next time for extra peak interest :D :P

And like “all good projects”, they just trundle along at their own stupidly slow pace...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#138 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:14 PM

Got Barbs' rear sub frame over the weekend, so one more piece for the track car. And got the new(old) two post hoist sitting on the floor of the shed now too. Just got to wait to clean the shed out one weekend so I can actually put it together again.

#139 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:43 PM

Got Barbs' rear sub frame over the weekend, so one more piece for the track car. And got the new(old) two post hoist sitting on the floor of the shed now too. Just got to wait to clean the shed out one weekend so I can actually put it together again.

Give us a yell when youre putting it together and ill come lend a hand (pending covid laws)

tIeW8DE.png

#140 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:30 AM

Give us a yell when youre putting it together and ill come lend a hand (pending covid laws)

Careful Barbs, I'll hold you to that!!! But in all seriousness, always happy for more hands! Should be good. Just need to acquire a decent drivers seat for this. I'll remove the rex passenger seat just so its easier to run wires, but it'll go back in, one less thing I need to purchase. If anyone wants a rear seat to suit these things, let me know. I wont be using it - weight saving, which translates to me not needing to lose quite so much myself...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racecar, bitsa, gen2, skids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users