5 replies to this topic

#1 LockieGEN3

LockieGEN3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

Hey Subyclub, wassup?
Here's my Liberty. (My 3rd car and I'm not even 17 yet... but that's besides the point.) I had a KE30 Corolla and TG Gemini - both really damn slow 800kg rwd boxes of low hp's.

... Anyway.

GEN 3 RX Liberty! Manual, sh*t loads of K's and random ignition of the Check engine light that lasts a maximum of 30 seconds! What more could you ask for!

xuFYd9j.jpg

Pros and cons!
Pros: Really, really comfy and nice to drive. Compared to a Gemini it is really, really fast.
Cons: Dents, rear bumper has been hit and we discovered that the right side of the car is now shorter than the left... Rear passenger door doesn't shut properly - the only fault brought up by this. There's a noise that comes from the front of the car somewhere when I accelerate. Not sure if it's diff or gearbox or else. Taking it to a mechanic for a service and to have a look at it. The check engine light randomly comes on. 90% of the time comes on when driving up hill and usually lasts from 5-30 seconds. A noise comes from the rear diff area when it's idling or low in revs, I'm thinking something is loose? Doesn't happen when going faster.

Phew.

Overall, the body is rough but the rest is good. Since the above photo I have put material tape over the hole in the back and painted over it, looks 100x better. Will get a photo soon.

Future mods are as follows:

• 18 inch wheels. Not sure what kind yet. (Are they 5x100??? Can't find any solid evidence!) Yes they are.
  • Paint correction
  • Coilovers
  • (If its worth it) Heritage seats.
  • Good stereo. In the meantime I have my trusty FM transmitting iphone attachment.
  • New bumper and front guards.
  • (maybe) respray
  • (dreaming) JDM Ej20 twin turbo

Going for my P's on August 30... can't wait! Living on the east coast of Tassie is the best place for a P plater.

Thanks for reading! I'll be sure to keep this updated.

Edit: 5x100 is a yes

#2 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

Welcome to SubyClub mate, and nice intro. We love seeing pics. ;)

I have a set of SpecB rims resprayed in VW Pepper Grey that I'm looking at offloading however being in Tasmania may prove to be difficult and perhaps not worth the shipping?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#3 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

CEL -- give it a good dose of upper engine cleaner, try some new spark plugs, put some better gas in it (95).

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

Welcome

CEL is probably a knock sensor code. As for the heritage seats theyre the same as yours but leather. Would be better of tracking down some JDM GTB or RSK seats as theyre much more supportive and come in leather and nicer trims

tIeW8DE.png

#5 DFEKT

DFEKT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

East coast of tassie is mean for fun driving! Used to love doing the trip from Hobart to coles bay/strahan/wherever until we turn around. Welcome to SubyClub!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#6 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

Nice liberty!

We've got the same sort of thing for my sister. High k's, a little bean up but soooo comfy and good to drive in stock trim!

I love it!

Your check engine light will definitely be the knock sensor. We've got the same at the moment with 350k km on the clock.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: liberty, rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users