• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#61 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Awesome Adam! I don't like the song personally, but the way the video was cutting in in line with the bass drops was awesome. And I loved the color range where you placed the GoPro and done skids. And the drive off exhaust fade out was a nice finishing touch.

My video is rendering now, so ill see if I'm happy with the final output and upload shortly. Mines much more boring though :P

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#62 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I think song choices are always going to be a personal thing. And I probably chose the wrong part of the song to use, for one. But I was too far into it to change songs!!!!

Choosing the right track, up front is so important, and so hard to do!!!

A few things I've learnt with this one are,
Interesting video angles.
Dirt road + 80km/h + gopro under the car = chipped case lenses. And at $15 a pop. I don't think I will do it too often!!! On the Tarmac may be a bit different!
Song choice up front is very important.
Colour grading makes a huge difference.
Always have more than one battery, and more than one SD card. Or a laptop.

Also with a panning timelapse, make sure the tripod is level!! (Notice lack of timelapse in vid)

Posted Image

#63 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Thats the one I made today. Things I leart from today is that you have to set the white balance prior to every shot. Most of my videos came out really blue, so I had to use a tint layer in AE to adjust, but still, would have been better shooting better in the first place. I also need a GoPro to work in calibration with this camera. I'm not game enough to strap this camera to the side of my car, and to get any kind of moving shots, I will need another person to operate either car, or camera. Also, I noticed for some reason youtube cut off the last 6 seconds of the clip, so it just ends abruptly. Its very boring with no action, so yeah. .

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#64 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I like it, Shaz! (Needs moar electro music :P)

Happy to offer my car for a similar style shoot ;) as long as I get a copy of the raw footage aswell!

Any plans for some sort of panner? I've managed to get some smooth pans from my gopro being mounted on the pole, hung upside drown and moving my whole body.

I'm assuming you need hands on the camera to control zoom though?

What about some sort of platform with an old skateboard bearing or something?

Posted Image

#65 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I like it, Shaz! (Needs moar electro music :P)

Happy to offer my car for a similar style shoot ;) as long as I get a copy of the raw footage aswell!

Any plans for some sort of panner? I've managed to get some smooth pans from my gopro being mounted on the pole, hung upside drown and moving my whole body.

I'm assuming you need hands on the camera to control zoom though?

What about some sort of platform with an old skateboard bearing or something?

Funny you mention the panner Adam. I was watching a DIY video of a guy that made one out of PVC, which seemed to work alright?

The zoom and focu are a pain in the ass. Because its all controlled mnaually through the lens, its almost impossible to change it, whithout shaking the camera, even when on a tripod. The other thing I noticed today is that I need a better tripod with a more fluid movement head. The one I have jerks and shakes, and you can notice it sever.

#66 peteRS

peteRS

Needs more cylinders...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Awesome vids Gentlemen :)

#67 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Funny you mention the panner Adam. I was watching a DIY video of a guy that made one out of PVC, which seemed to work alright? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR_-R2bS9ag

The zoom and focu are a pain in the ass. Because its all controlled mnaually through the lens, its almost impossible to change it, whithout shaking the camera, even when on a tripod. The other thing I noticed today is that I need a better tripod with a more fluid movement head. The one I have jerks and shakes, and you can notice it sever.

That's a slider. HT.H! :)

I have an Idea, but so hard to explain!!! I'll draw

Posted Image

#68 peteRS

peteRS

Needs more cylinders...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Today's "project"...

#69 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Nice one Pete!

#70 peteRS

peteRS

Needs more cylinders...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Real rush job...kept getting distracted flicking through mags ;)

#71 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

I can fully appreciate that.

#72 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

+1

heres what i had in mind, Shaz

Posted Image

#73 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

+1

heres what i had in mind, Shaz

I can't see anything

#74 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

LOL Whoops!

Rach is still in my ear about some girl thing :D:P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Oh I see what you mean. You would also need the camera to pivot while its attached with a separate handle, no?

#76 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

i dont think so? Unless you are trying to achieve something different to what I have in mind..

The only reason i made it a long handle was to try get it to pivot smoother, like a lever!

You would basically get a pan as if you were holding the camera out in front of you and pivoting on the spot.

Are you thinking the slider style pan, where the camera moves from one side to the other?

Posted Image

#77 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Well what I was thinking was you could set the camera on a separate pivot, and then when you swing the camera around on the main pivot, you could also focus the camera on one spot? I dunno if that makes sense.

Imagine the camera is focused on your wheel. When you turn the lever, the camera would also shift. If you had a pivot where the camera was you could keep the rim in picture the whole time while altering the shooting angle entirely.

#78 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yep Makes sense, would still be easy. Want me to draw something up for you? Could make it our of Perspex for professional looks.

It would just need 3 pivot points

Posted Image

#79 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Pivot would be at each part, then the 2 top parts could be joined by string/wire/something else.

OR only have one of those pieces, and join the wire to the part that attaches to the tripod.

imgettingabitcarriedaway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thats not bad Adam!

What kinda shots are you trying to achieve by using this though? I think I'm still a bit confused. Vimeo link if possible so I can view it on work PC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canon, nikon, imjustwaitingforamate, doaskid, skidsforkids, showusyafootage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users