←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Lachy's 2001 MY01 GT Forester

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 08 Mar 2015

Looking clean!

Sway bars help heaps!

So good much flatter with 22 front and rear and doesnt feel as snappy as when it was 19F/22R. I think strut braces also helped with the snappiness not as much flex now.

Cam's figured me out a rack idea but thats future lachy's problem, planning on getting the tune side of things done next pretty happy with handling and braking atm

Tis a fine barn

hahaha we like to call it the fridge/whale/barge/boat/toaster or any other white good or large cumbersome item.

Robert's Photo Robert 08 Mar 2015

Rack helps heaps ;)

Helped the handling of my car

Tune will be fun

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 08 Mar 2015

Rack helps heaps ;)

Helped the handling of my car

Tune will be fun

yeah but for me it involves swapping columns and knuckles so i can have a GD rack as GC requires cut and shit knuckle 

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 09 Mar 2015

Picked up some front mud flaps last week on facebook, turned up today.

Put them on this arvo when i was picking up something from Cam.

They scrape a bit on some speed humps, but will help combat the stonechips on my doors

XqfjfAq.jpg
kTSZCee.jpg
76CJP2G.jpg

aekOne's Photo aekOne 10 Mar 2015

the cars looking mint mate!

Adam's Photo Adam 10 Mar 2015

Pretty nice for a Foz :P

Matt's Photo Matt 10 Mar 2015

Looking more awesome with every update mate!

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 10 Mar 2015

the cars looking mint mate!

Pretty nice for a Foz :P

Looking more awesome with every update mate!

Cheers guys hopefully see some power during the year sometime, nothing silly but enough to keep me happy for a while 

Picked up an aftermarket catless uppipe for cheaps on ozfoz for down the track. 

Gotta be a bargain hunter with my budget :P

Liberty's Photo Liberty 10 Mar 2015

I like the look of the mud flaps, and they serve a purpose. The Foz is looking nice man.

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 11 Mar 2015

Shit box.

Always in my driveway in pieces.

R-Y's Photo R-Y 11 Mar 2015

Your the one that pulls it apart haha

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 27 Mar 2015

Small update

Week and a half ago i got a good deal on tint through another Cam contact, ended up with 20% 3M and the old ratty 40 odd % removed came up nicely looks a lot cleaner with darker windows, thought about 35% for legalitys but figured you would have to be unlucky to get done. 

I1msSNb.jpg
Old tint off.

YT9YAds.jpg
New tint going on

haven't got any finished product photos as it needs a tub and I've been flat out with uni lately.

Also was hoping to get my tbe made up and fitted after easter but my fridge had a malfunction the other day and set me back a few hundred to fix so there goes a majority of savings, see how i go after work easter sunday. 

Niko's Photo Niko 27 Mar 2015

Looking good. Wheels suit very well.

Just a note, I had 20% and got pulled over constantly, threatened with defects and told to change tint or they'd fine me etc. I did my research, they need a special machine to test it so normally you just get a warning. Point is, be wary.

But I also had 5% on another car and never got pulled over, so I guess it's not an exact science.

Looking good. Wheels suit very well.

Just a note, I had 20% and got pulled over constantly, threatened with defects and told to change tint or they'd fine me etc. I did my research, they need a special machine to test it so normally you just get a warning. Point is, be wary.

But I also had 5% on another car and never got pulled over, so I guess it's not an exact science.

Yeah i have heard of people getting done, i haven't had any police attention thus far, my cars not exactly wild, maybe a bit low that's it though. have been in cars with 20% in RBTs and nothings been said  :yahoo: 

You make a good point though and I fully understand that if you go something "illegal" you pay to play if you get done.

Guest_KONG_* 27 Mar 2015

Pics you horrible lazy monkey.

Pics you horrible lazy monkey.

Thursday arvo next week after a bath :) or tomorrow dirty if you wish

Guffry's Photo Guffry 06 May 2015

So those pics huh... :P

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 06 May 2015

Soon

Also update your display picture bit old :P

Do you even go here m8

mark300's Photo mark300 07 May 2015

who are you?

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 09 May 2015

So bit of an update been lazy with pics of some things but ill do my best in the near future for stuff that i haven't got ones of orrrrr... #HVC15 in 3 weeks  :D  

So as of lately this is the happenings

Picked up a hardrace pitch stop of Geoffs bugeye before he sold it. Helps with jerk under hard acceleration. 

xGUCkP7.jpg

Cam did a bulk order of lights for interior and exterior recently got in on that and got: all interior illumination lights LED, cree LED reverse lights, chrome indicators front and rear (no pics :( im sure you get the jist though )

Now for the big ticket item 3" TBE finallyyyyy fitted. 

For a while (nearly 10 months) I have had a Xforce dump of cams black foz wreck and a 3" Turbo XS catback. The dump was munted once it starts to run under the car from the crash so needed a new flex and cat.

I finally got some money together to have the system all made up with the bits that I was missing and fitted to my car nice and snugg to the underbody.

The finished product is awesome, looks great fits excellent. Have gained height over the stock system even going to 3" :D and its now legal height on wrx profile tyres that will soon be replaced with some 2nd hand advan 235/50/17s I picked up dirt cheap

The whole system owes me just over 1k but for a system that fits better then any aftermarket ever will off the shelf, definitely cant complain.

If your in Newcastle I would Highly recommend Pete at Newcastle Muffler Service at Gateshead for any exhaust work, top notch job and great service :)

Ill be running it untuned till i can afford a fuel pump and tune, these run 8psi stock on the tiny TF035 (spiking to 9-10 in winter on cold nights) so wont be affected by the TBE to adversly. Boost cut is 14psi so wont ever see that.

ib7dkzc.jpg
EirPzxJ.jpg
bE5Mlzp.jpg
GkXnMHg.jpg

Coming up to HVC im hoping to fit my 235/50s and raise the car slightly to compensate for the extra profile and also have the tie rod ends, ball joints and rear control arms I picked up off TMH983 fitted.

I will try get a picture of it clean and tidy before then if not im sure ill see a fair few of you on the day :)

MOD LIST UPDATED ON FIRST PAGE ALSO