• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

G'day all,

Looking for info about aspects of my RS wagon I've you d some interesting threads on RS liberty club, namely this one

This thread reminded me of this post in ChrisLovell's RS wagon project thread:

Nah dude keep it as stock as possible! Only 219 of them... She's a rare machine Would actually be interesting to know exactly how many were that colour too.

To answer this:

Sent an email off to Subaru Australia and this is what I got back.....

"I was forwarded your email enquiry about some details for your RS Turbo wagon. I'd be more than happy to provide you with the info that i could find.

Firstly, in regards to how many RS turbo wagons were sold in Australia. From what i can gather, your model - BF5DU8D (Japanese model code) was the only wagon variant of the RS Turbo that was offered in Australia, and i can see that we sold 219 of that particular model (however, this won't include any private imports from other countries).

As far as colours go, the split for the 219 RS turbo wagons is as follows:
Carmine Mica - 57 cars
Medium Grey - 32 cars
Dark Grey - 47 cars
White - 83 cars

Finally, regarding the options on your particular car; unfortunately there seems to have been very little detail kept about the inclusions on cars back then, so all i can tell you is that your car had ABS brakes, metallic paint and air conditioning, and that's literally the extent of the information that the car itself holds in our system. If you require further info, your best bet would be to request it from our customer relations team on 1800 22 66 43 who will direct it to the relevant technical advisors.

Hopefully this information helps you out in the meantime.

And Happy Australia Day for tomorrow!

Best regards,
Toby

Toby Jones
Vehicle Logistics Manager

subaru.com.au

From here in the RS lib club thread linked above, post #205

Those with RS heads read this:

HLA "lifter" noise servicing/fix/clean

All links from RS liberty club where you may have to be a member to access those parts of the forum ;)

Cheers

Bennie

"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#2 Miguel

Miguel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:58 AM

Can confirm these numbers as accurate. As well as the 219 Ausdel cars there was also 18 total nz New wagons delivered in the same spec.

MjC8i57.jpg

#3 driftsteve

driftsteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

Sort of makes the number of 400 Australian delivered v5 and v6 sti Imprezas each look not as significant. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RS wagon, RS, wagon, RS turbo wagon, RS turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users