←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Barbbachello's Shitheap 20KRX - Sixy M...

Liberty's Photo Liberty 16 Dec 2016

No doubt. Chuck up a video when you get it installed; I wanna hear what it sounds like installed on your car (or any Subaru for that matter).

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 30 Dec 2016

Kapp Industries bracket and fire extinguisher courtesy of the misses for chrissy. Also got me a red line goods shift boot to replace my piece of ass current one. Shes the best chuck out the rest
12guqWY.jpg

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 30 Dec 2016

Plan on your car catching fire next? :P

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 30 Dec 2016

Scouts motto - be prepared!

But I hope that never happens. I e got one in the offroader but not in the daily. It's a good idea to have one on hand.

Cheers

Bennie

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 17 Jan 2017

Not much has happened since xmas. Fucken work stopped giving me hours yet again so back to noodles and no mods. Have some industry/adult jobs in the works so cash will hopefully flow like never before soon enough. In the mean time ill install bits ive had waiting around. 

Top of the list was a new shifter knuckle to replace my gear stirrer. The old one was proper dickered

Shifter feels mint now.

Also picked up the 2.7 rack from Joss' donor STi which will go in whenever the engine is out next cos fork chewing the threads out on it. Ill pay him for it one day kek

Niko's Photo Niko 17 Jan 2017

You say you have some adult industry jobs in the works? Links to vids pls.

Beckers's Photo Beckers 17 Jan 2017

You say you have some adult industry jobs in the works? Links to vids pls.

That is just so fn wrong.

tryangus's Photo tryangus 17 Jan 2017

That is just so fn wrong.

Depends on the job I guess. He might just sweep the floors after? ;-)

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 18 Jan 2017

Finally managed to get my hands on an inguard overflow bottle. The final piece i needed to get my alloy radiator in. The missing stud was free spinning in the plastic so couldnt get the nut off on the car. Only option was to pull the stud out of the bottle. Should still bolt up fine
pvPYXFS.jpg

Robert's Photo Robert 18 Jan 2017

Nice

I think I'm going to ditch mine in favour of the standard bottle lol

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 15 Feb 2017

Seeing as im basically unemployed, again (hopefully not for much longer) Ive got a shit load of time but no cash for mods or to get the bits and pieces i need for my stock pile of mods to go on. So scrounging around the house i found some car wash liquid, a spray bottle and a hose. It may sound like a home made bong but i actually just washed the engine bay. Was very scungy from the conversion still even though i cleaned it while the engine was out ¯\(°_o)/¯
LXuxezY.jpg

Xc023GU.jpg

jTXnP7Y.jpg

And now. Came out gud for 15 minutes work

1jhkpf2.jpg

xBOcwZE.jpg

hzsH8x4.jpg

Some of the stains on the manifold are really in the wrinkles. Would probably need a scrub and some degreaser but meh

duncanm's Photo duncanm 15 Feb 2017

get a toothpick onto those TMIC fins!

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 16 Feb 2017

How do you get the ingrained oil/grease out?

My RS still looks blotchy and not a nice clean white colour :(

Good effort mate.

Cheers

Bennie

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 16 Feb 2017

How do you get the ingrained oil/grease out?

My RS still looks blotchy and not a nice clean white colour :(

Good effort mate.

Cheers

Bennie

Presoaked the bay with a hose, sprayed heavy duty carwash stuff from a spray bottle and let it soak for a few minutes then hosed it down again. 

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 17 Feb 2017

Been doing things to the interior over the last few days. Spent an afternoon cutting and trimming and shit to get an 8" windows 10 tablet to fit.
0qxL2W8.jpg
Today i disovered that due to the location of the power and USB ports there wasnt really any chance of it being a viable install. There was basically no room for usb cable to fit, even a right angle one. Plus the tablet doesnt have GPS ive discovered so is only good for music which isnt really worth all the hassle.

So I put the stock setup back together with the carbon dipped radio surround i got from Jarrod. Looks the goods. Wish i had a vent trim to match
UCdQNL2.jpg

Also with the help of Joss got my xmas present redline goods red stitch shift boot in feat. girlfriends hair ties  <_< 
c4AzfSi.jpg

nickknack's Photo nickknack 17 Feb 2017

I've seen people pull off the back of the tablet to run direct power wires when plugs won't fit... But it's a bit cbf

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 17 Feb 2017

I've seen people pull off the back of the tablet to run direct power wires when plugs won't fit... But it's a bit cbf

I had a look at doing this but the plug is on the front of the board between the screen and the mother board. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much effort for that

Beckers's Photo Beckers 20 Feb 2017

What's the aids on top of the fuse box ??

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 24 Feb 2017

What's the aids on top of the fuse box ??

Just water omar.

Had a chance to spin my car up on a local dyno tonight. Was kinda nerve wracking but the car did well. 152kw and held 14.7 psi rock solid. Seems to be about what it should be making. Did squirt some coolant out the overflow on the 3rd run. Does it all time after a trash. Im bad at bleeding and getting the overflow level right. Not worried. First run was 139 which was part throttle.
8ftqZsy.jpg
ScGQhS7.jpg

Beckers's Photo Beckers 25 Feb 2017

If you come to  " The day of lies ", I will get out my bleeding tool thingo for you to use.

Good dyno result to.