←  Single Turbo

Suby Club

»

Gen3 Outback to JDM WRX Conversion

Murf B4's Photo Murf B4 12 Jul 2012

has the new motor got TGV's in it?

Sam's Photo Sam 12 Jul 2012

With the mods you have, Flash tuning the factory ECU would be the most cost effective thing to do.

Awesome progress dude! You will love the 4.44 goodness ;)

Cheers man. Looking forward to it! :)

has the new motor got TGV's in it?

No idea.

93tzlegacy's Photo 93tzlegacy 12 Jul 2012

jump on romraider forums mate they are a wealth of info whern it comes to flash tuning, however i wouldnt be having a go yourself if tuning for the first time. thanks, Ben.

jump on romraider forums mate they are a wealth of info whern it comes to flash tuning, however i wouldnt be having a go yourself if tuning for the first time. thanks, Ben.

Yeah cool thanks for that, I will have some further words with a mate who knows his stuff :)

93tzlegacy's Photo 93tzlegacy 12 Jul 2012

might be worth having a chat to mercury mate .
  • (07) 3352 3363

Talking to Tessa now

Sam's Photo Sam 19 Jul 2012

Update!

Car is almost done.

We put the Walbro fuel pump in today, with the new fuel pump controller that AMauto put in the harness.
Forgot that the tank was full of fuel :/

Also had to get the cruise control line extended so that it reached the where the throttle is on the new engine. Got that done and put the cruise control back in.

Had to make a bracket so that the gearbox mount would bolt to the chassis, pretty easy fix.

So, the wiring harness is completely back in the car, just have to double check that every plug is plugged in, and every earth wire is connected to the chassis... Same with all hoses and vac lines.

Waiting on a pair of front swaybar brackets and the liberty centre console to arrive from ICHIban. And also a new aircon compressor to come from AMauto as I didnt know I couldnt use the one from the WRX... :/

So as soon as all this happens, I can put the radiator back in, put fluid in it and top up all other fluids and take the car to the exhaust place and get them to make up a centre pipe and cat convertor to connect the dump pipe and rear muffler...

Then ready for a FLASH tune and WTAC!!

Also have to put the new front bar on which i got fixed and is sitting in primer ready for paint, and the bonnet as well needs to go on..

One more thing.
I have been thinking of Sikeflexing all of the side mouldings onto the car? I am sick of them coming off every time someone opens the door and it looks shite as it is now.
Anyone ever tried this or can come up with a better solution?
If not im going to give it a crack :)

Morgan's Photo Morgan 19 Jul 2012

Coming along nicely dude!

Sikaflexing the mouldings back on sounds like a good option. It was the only thing that would keep my rear badge on!

Coming along nicely dude!

Sikaflexing the mouldings back on sounds like a good option. It was the only thing that would keep my rear badge on!

Yeah might as well give it a try, i think itll come up sweet

R-Y's Photo R-Y 19 Jul 2012

Coming along nicely man.. I can now sympathise with you with how much work goes into it after pulling the Foz motor.. One giant puzzle really.. Cant wait to see this thing finished.. nice work..

Coming along nicely man.. I can now sympathise with you with how much work goes into it after pulling the Foz motor.. One giant puzzle really.. Cant wait to see this thing finished.. nice work..

Haha definately a fair bit of work, but we were only doing small amounts of work at a time, a couple of hours after work each day.
Today was the first time we actually got stuck in and did a whole days work! So close now though..

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 19 Jul 2012

Needs more pictures!

Sam's Photo Sam 20 Jul 2012

Pics to come

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 20 Jul 2012

I have been thinking of Sikeflexing all of the side mouldings onto the car?

That's how all of mine are held on.
Just make sure it's suitable - there is a few different types - and scuff up the paint on the guards/doors/quarters or it won't stick properly.

Sam's Photo Sam 21 Jul 2012

That's how all of mine are held on.
Just make sure it's suitable - there is a few different types - and scuff up the paint on the guards/doors/quarters or it won't stick properly.

Mad, I'll be doing it very shortly!

Sam's Photo Sam 24 Jul 2012

Wondering if anyone can help me...
Tonight, we started up the car. It went perfect, although i think it is idling a little low, around 650rpm...?

Having 2 problems...
1. At first when you start the car, it goes perfectly. No engine light on the dash, but there is an error code on the ECUdatascan.. P0851. I forget what it is.
But then, The brake light and the battery light both flash intermittently as soon as you put the car into gear... And the code goes away...?

2. We went to bleed the clutch... But im pretty sure the new gearbox is a pull type clutch? Whereas the outbacks Gearbox was a push clutch... How do I go about this?

Im booked into have the exhaust put on tomorrow afternoon and then a flash tune on a Dyno straight after...

Any help would be great!

Sam

Also, pics!
Plastidip works a treat!
Posted Image

Top mount sandblasted...
Posted Image
Looks mint. :)

Dump pipe on.
Posted Image

New front bar, awaiting paint. New plates.
Posted Image

Almost!!!
Posted Image

Beckers's Photo Beckers 24 Jul 2012

looks great, lotsa hard work going on.

Lots of hard work, time and money