←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Gary's 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB

Adam's Photo Adam 20 Jan 2013

I don't think you will get halogen globes that go to 5000k ???

Also cleaning the inside of the light I think requires putting the lights in the oven to open them up? But I dunno the time or temp or even if its applicable to these lights

hoff's Photo hoff 20 Jan 2013

Spot on Adam.
Leave it in the oven for a little while to soften up the seal.
Slowly work it out then start dismantling.
I did mine a few weeks ago.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358660691.404583.jpg   52.84KB   1 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358660718.164504.jpg   105.66KB   1 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358660777.397356.jpg   76.81KB   1 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358660793.039299.jpg   69.14KB   1 downloads

Adam's Photo Adam 20 Jan 2013

I am nowhere near brave enough to try this!!

Liberty's Photo Liberty 24 Jan 2013

I don't think you will get halogen globes that go to 5000k ???

Also cleaning the inside of the light I think requires putting the lights in the oven to open them up? But I dunno the time or temp or even if its applicable to these lights

Looks like I'm gonna have to give this a go. What are the highest globes you can get then? 4300K?

Thanks again for your help hoff. I'll definitely take on the tips and see how I go about it. I'll definitely post up pics of the before and after comparison. Hoping to get this done THIS weekend. I've got plans, but there are hours here and there in between it all so I'll be able to get at least something done.

A few questions though. How long does it go in the oven for? Temperature? How do you seal it back together after cleaning it all up?

Thanks again guys! Although I think I am falling in love (expensive love) with STI parts.

hoff's Photo hoff 25 Jan 2013

I think I had it on about 150' c for 30 min or so I think. I'm not really sure to be honest.
Once I pulled it apart I put it back in to dry out abit more as well.
After putting it back together I put it back in the oven to reseal it.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 01 Feb 2013

It's risky. I might end up breaking something and like 'dam, am not ballsy enough to try it myself. They shouldn't cost all that much to get a genuine replacement right?

Anyone selling a drivers side MY06 SpecB wagon fog light by any chance?

Adam's Photo Adam 01 Feb 2013

Try fixing it first if you are happy to buy a replacement!

Gen 2 projector headlights are way too costly to ruin :)

But!

Fine. I'll give it a go. May be Sunday. It'll be my only day I can do anything. Even then, I have a BBQ on. And tomorrow is Swedish House Mafia.

hoff's Photo hoff 01 Feb 2013

Give it a go. Just be gentle. They are pretty tough tho ;)

If you do break something then worry about a replacement. At least you tried this way.

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 01 Feb 2013

Do it Garry. :)

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 01 Feb 2013

No Garry!, NO!

:lol:

Ive been wanting to do that for ages........ :lol:

If you Posted Image it, I'll get you a cheap one from Japan. Best way to learn is Posted Image things up. ;)

Adam's Photo Adam 01 Feb 2013

Legit jdm?

Same shit.

Give it a go. Just be gentle. They are pretty tough tho ;)

If you do break something then worry about a replacement. At least you tried this way.

Alright. You've all convinced me. Let's do it! I'll be sure to take pics and post them if it all works out. No harm in trying I guess.

If you Forke.png it, I'll get you a cheap one from Japan. Best way to learn is Forke.png things up. ;)

No worries. Genuine or non?

I only buy genuine bits.....

We share the same attitude. I'll let you know how things go once I get around to it. Thanks a lot.

Is it worthwhile me going for STI bits and pieces? I know it might be a bit pricey or pointless but it's something I like doing and beautifies/finishes the car off. I'm a bit of a perfectionist as is evident by a few people I've spoken to lately on here.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 02 Feb 2013

Not really worthwhile going for STi bits.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 02 Feb 2013

How come? STI or STi?

Shaz's Photo Shaz 02 Feb 2013

STi

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 02 Feb 2013

HI,

STI = Sexually Transmitted Infection.

Cheers,
Nik