Photo

Gary's 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB

gary Liberty MY06 garys build SpecB 2006 SpecB machine you jelly?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#61 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Good tip. I do need to get used to the boxer engines actually. I've only ever done my own 'servicing' on the V6 in Commodores. Should be a similar sorta thing when it comes to checking fluids and what not though, no?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#62 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, should be pretty straight forward!

Posted Image

#63 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Late reply, but thanks Adam. :)

Foglight.....

At some stage it hasnt been sealed properly and water/dirt has gotten in there. You can remove, pull apart and clean. Not something to tackle if your not handy.

I'm keen on getting this fixed soon. I've looked underneath the car and it seems like I don't have access to the foglight. I assume I've got to take the wheel off, remove the plastic liner from the wheel well and get to it like that right?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#64 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

YESSSS a wagon! WINNING :D:D:D haha!

Are you going to get the new black background plates with blue writing? IMO they're nice :)

I apologise, i shall read through the rest of the thread when i have time!

#65 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

You better read through it!

Ha ha, told ya I'd be convinced to get the wagon! It's done me wonders and I absolutely love it. No regrets whatsoever. Black plates with blue writing looks cool but I don't know whether it'd match my car. I'll have to suss it out and see. I still don't know what I want as plates though. I've got a few ideas but nothing has really jumped out at me yet. Ideas welcome.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#66 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm keen on getting this fixed soon. I've looked underneath the car and it seems like I don't have access to the foglight. I assume I've got to take the wheel off, remove the plastic liner from the wheel well and get to it like that right?

Underneath the front where the inner guard liner is flat, theres two push clips. Take these out and you'll be able to pull that back to access the foglight.

Although to completely remove the light you really need to remove the bumper to make it easier. You also need to remove the black foglight surround as once the foglight is unbolted, its removed from the front of the bar.

OEM+

#67 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

^^ or just paint them white with a brush FTW. :P

#68 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

A lot of mucking around for a foglight but I'll try and get this done either tonight if I am able to or Sunday. Thanks a lot Mark. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

I will not paint them, although that would be a permanent fix... :P

Any recommendations on what globes I should buy for the foglights?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#69 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

It may be just a foglight... but it was one of the first things I noticed ;)

I recommend buying the standard globe to replace it with. Take out the old one, go to your local auto shop and buy and exact replacement. Reinstall and win.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#70 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I get the point. It was one of the first things I noticed when I bought it too. It's one of those slightly annoying things. Isn't much, but when it's on your mind all the time it kinda gets to you. :P

Sounds good. I'll replace both whilst I'm at it. The second globe is most probably on its way out as well.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#71 U-Shell

U-Shell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guitar, Music, Audio

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I get the point. It was one of the first things I noticed when I bought it too. It's one of those slightly annoying things. Isn't much, but when it's on your mind all the time it kinda gets to you. :P

Sounds good. I'll replace both whilst I'm at it. The second globe is most probably on its way out as well.

A. Sweet ride mate. I love the sound of these H6 engines. I do believe someone is currently building a Twin Turbo Version. Youtube DeMobBoss Liberty.

B. Thank you for not putting those *%&#$()*(#&$*(&#@)(* (*@#&(&$(* HID lights in the foggies haha. There is nothing that peeves me more than damn HID in fog lights and head lights clearly not designed for them.

2000 RX Gen 3 Liberty - Sold

http://www.subyclub....-2000-gen-3-rx/

2004 BMW E46 325i Manual - Current weekend warrior

2003 Gen 3 Outback H6 Manual - Current Daily

http://www.subyclub....uild-pic-heavy/

#72 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Thanks man! Yeah I wouldn't put HIDs in the foglights to be honest. I'd get the brightest globes if anything but not HIDs. I can't stand driving on the highway and being blinded by their parker lights, let alone normal or high beams. I like putting nice things on my car but not going overboard and being stupid. I have heard lots about the H6 engines so I'm happy to have stuck it out to find one. All that's needed now is to get the small things done step by step. I wanna get a full exhaust system and the necessities done before getting a tune but other then that I'll be happy to pace things out a bit as advised by a few members already.

First mod to be installed will be a strut brace I bought from CRUISN as soon as it's delivered.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#73 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

HID's in the factory projector lights are more than fine if you dont go for a stupid output.

4300K - 5000K is it. 6000K is too blue.

I run Phillips Crystal Vision globes. Better.......

OEM+

#74 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

HID's in the factory projector lights are more than fine if you dont go for a stupid output.

this,

plus whatever was in what I bought off of you (was it you, i think it was) were by far the best headlight I've ever had

Stuff goes here

#75 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I run 4300k in my mains and 3000k in my fogs. Hardly turn the fogs on though!

Posted Image

#76 U-Shell

U-Shell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guitar, Music, Audio

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Thanks man! Yeah I wouldn't put HIDs in the foglights to be honest. I'd get the brightest globes if anything but not HIDs. I can't stand driving on the highway and being blinded by their parker lights, let alone normal or high beams. I like putting nice things on my car but not going overboard and being stupid. I have heard lots about the H6 engines so I'm happy to have stuck it out to find one. All that's needed now is to get the small things done step by step. I wanna get a full exhaust system and the necessities done before getting a tune but other then that I'll be happy to pace things out a bit as advised by a few members already.

First mod to be installed will be a strut brace I bought from CRUISN as soon as it's delivered.

Sounds like a sweet plan! From chatting to a couple H6 owners on the last clubliberty cruise. The Headers are pretty resrictive as they are a 'double skin' design. So why they look like a decent size from the outside, appearently once you pull them off, the internal diameter is pretty small. Yeah space it out and that way you will be satisfied for longer, and so will your wallet haha

Yes agreed. Should have been more specific. It's those damn 6000K lights that ruffle my feathers!! The lower temp headlights actually give better 'driving' light don't they? As blue light tends to scatter and pick up particles in the air such and dust and smoke?

I run 4300k in my mains and 3000k in my fogs. Hardly turn the fogs on though!

Yeah 4300K isn't eye peircing when the person next to you on the freeway is slowly slowly passing you on the freeway, blinding you through your side mirror haha

Also, don't get your drive on in VIC with foggies. The Po Po are not fans haha. A mates mum got booked in her Territory even though she had to get the policeman to show her how to turn them on and off!

2000 RX Gen 3 Liberty - Sold

http://www.subyclub....-2000-gen-3-rx/

2004 BMW E46 325i Manual - Current weekend warrior

2003 Gen 3 Outback H6 Manual - Current Daily

http://www.subyclub....uild-pic-heavy/

#77 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I only use them in fog :P

Posted Image

#78 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I only use them in fog :P

+1

Don't understand why people leave them on otherwise.

#79 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

+1

Don't understand why people leave them on otherwise.

Because they are wankers.

#80 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

So it's finally come to the day where I can update you guys with something. Here is the strut brace that I bought from CRUISN that I have now installed.

Gf9pgND.jpg

It's not a major modification, but all mods will get a mention. ;)

I really want to get an STI one (as with all other parts), but this will suffice in the meantime.

The plan for me today:

• Get the foglight cleaned and replace both with 5000K globes
  • Clean up the engine bay
  • Get the screws taken out of my sunroof mounts so I can get the mounts out (most probably done at Thread It Right)
  • See if I can fix the sagged RH exhaust pipe
  • Might go past Subaru parts and see if I can get some clips for parts of my engine bay that are missing/have broken from the previous owner

Gonna be busy busy. It shouldn't take long to take the bumper off, surely?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gary, Liberty, MY06, garys build, SpecB, 2006 SpecB, machine, you jelly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users