Photo

Gary's 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB

gary Liberty MY06 garys build SpecB 2006 SpecB machine you jelly?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#341 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Don't go to all drive they are a rip off... u can get rotors machined at cabra for $20

#342 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Brand new specs are 30mm thick Gary. New theyre always a tad over this. Minimum thickness is 28mm.

You need a vernier to measure.

OEM+

#343 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

This. ^^

Gary, minimum thickness is written on the disk.

*disc

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#344 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

How much are the Billies?

What other handling upgrades are you thinking of doing?

The Billies set me back $547 including postage from Queensland via e-go. Not bad at all for that money. I'm definitely happy anyway! :P

Well so far I've just replaced the Billies and bought an STi strut brace. Next week I will be buying new tyres, getting a wheel alignment, machining by brake discs and installing my Hawk Performance Ceramics pads so that'll definitely impact the handling of the wagon, but as for anything else, I haven't really thought about it to be honest. MAY BE a rear strut brace and sway bar if I have some spare cash laying around.

I don't think I've missed anything after that to be honest...

Gary, minimum thickness is written on the disk.

Measure with verniers  :)

I don't think the stock discs have them.

I'm sure wherever I take it to be machined they'll be able to tell me whether it's worthwhile or not, and whether there is enough meat to do it to begin with.

It's an extra $50 to replace rather then machine. Just replace them. You won't have to worry about them for the life of the pads then.

I'm just a bit tight on cash at the moment so the cheaper option suits me at the moment. It's pretty much the only thing I'll be cutting corners with. Everything else I do with the car is done with perfection.

Don't go to all drive they are a rip off... u can get rotors machined at cabra for $20

Sweet! Whereabouts?

Brand new specs are 30mm thick Gary. New theyre always a tad over this. Minimum thickness is 28mm.

You need a vernier to measure.

Sweet as. Hopefully there's enough meat on there. Otherwise new RDA discs will be purchased.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#345 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

A few updates. Some of the plans I had in place from the above post have changed. I will not be buying new tyres as I have a surprise coming, and only after that surprise arrives will I be getting a wheel alignment. B)

I am however planning on getting my discs machined so I can install my new brake pads. So far $40 per disc is the best price I've got at All Drive Subaroo.

I also managed to get a few bits and pieces from eBay. More aesthetics than anything but it does make the car look better at night. I bought Philips X-tremeVision bulbs for my high beams and Philips Ultinon LED's for my parker lights. Definitely have an improvement with the high beams. I can see EVERYTHING.

U6mOaf6.jpg

Just took some pics now to show everyone what it looks like. I'm happy. Only new bulbs I need now are for my fog lights, which I have yet to remove and get cleaned.

oRCYHCF.jpg

5TlF59y.jpg

I will also be getting some new number plates too. Just trying to decide on a style.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#346 seanmau5

seanmau5

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

I need to get my pads from you still! When I drop by to get them I'll help you take those pesky fog light housings out and cleaning them.

#347 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

That you do! I was gonna offer to post it to ya man. And I forgot to remind you that I was at ICHIban last week. I have no problems with removing them, I just get lazy and say I'll do it tomorrow or next weekend. When that day comes, my mind is elsewhere. Ha ha. You have to use the oven to separate the housing though.

I promise I will do it this week. That better? :P

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#348 seanmau5

seanmau5

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

It's not even my fog light and the picture annoys me! Nah I'll get them eventually, I don't need them until October for next service. Or take them to work with you and I'll go for a drive on Friday arvo.

#349 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

A few updates. Some of the plans I had in place from the above post have changed. I will not be buying new tyres as I have a surprise coming, and only after that surprise arrives will I be getting a wheel alignment. B)

Pfft it's not a surprise if you post about it on other forums!

#350 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Pfft it's not a surprise if you post about it on other forums!

I just saw it too haha.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#351 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Ha ha, sprung! Not everyone is on club.liberty. I grant you cookies for being observant. :P

It's not even my fog light and the picture annoys me! Nah I'll get them eventually, I don't need them until October for next service. Or take them to work with you and I'll go for a drive on Friday arvo.

I'll keep them nice and safe in the meantime till you're able to make it. Or until I'm able to get closer to you. Will you be attending the next SubyClub Hooters meet? It's next week on Wednesday if I'm not mistaken. I am taking this coming Friday off work unfortunately.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#352 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

Performed a rather lengthy car wash this afternoon; wash, rinse, chamois, clay bar, wipe, polish, wipe, carnauba wax, wipe. Car came out a million bucks! Definitely recommend it for everyone, may be not EVERY time you wash (unless you're Ash), but definitely once a month would keep your car in tip-top shape. The full treatment gets tiring but I do believe that there is a significant difference, especially in the flesh.

See for yourself. What do you reckon? Before is the first picture, after is the fourth.

DLCO68U.jpg

kXeAT4Y.jpg

MxHGaA6.jpg

1hWvJHg.jpg

S5O6t1P.jpg

0sMJpxz.jpg

Both sets of pics were taken using the HDR capabilities on my iPhone 4. The only difference is the time of day, but you should be able to see the pictures clear enough.

Let me know what you think!

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#353 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yeah I guess that turned out alright
:)

Posted Image

#354 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Car looks pretty good. Your garage on the other hand........ :P

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#355 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks 'dam. I really like how it's turned out. Shiny as all hell, ha ha. I want to buy an orbital buffer now...

Thanks Simon. The garage is pretty shit house, but that's because my parents are doing renovations to the house. It's been a storage yard for a couple of weeks. I have been given permission to take half of it so once it's been cleared, I'm putting in a metal work bench, tool box, etc. It'll be a mini mechanic's workshop, ha ha.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#356 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

Thanks 'dam. I really like how it's turned out. Shiny as all hell, ha ha. I want to buy an orbital buffer now...

Thanks Simon. The garage is pretty shit house, but that's because my parents are doing renovations to the house. It's been a storage yard for a couple of weeks. I have been given permission to take half of it so once it's been cleared, I'm putting in a metal work bench, tool box, etc. It'll be a mini mechanic's workshop, ha ha.

Sounds like you have good parents letting you do that :) and you car is looking very nice Garry and can I make one suggestion P plates inside the car, I just think it makes it look alot cleaner :)

#357 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

I do man, they're the only ones I've got. :P

Thanks a lot mate. I really appreciate it. I would do that, but in NSW, the RMS tells us this:

Display of P plates – P plates (green P on a white background) must be clearly displayed on the front and back of the vehicle, on the outside. The letter P on the plate must not be hidden. If towing a trailer, a P plate must be on the back of the trailer.

I used to have it on the inside but ever since this rule came out, I don't want to give the police any reason to pull me over.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#358 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Should get a p plate holder.

And also some number plate covers :)

Posted Image

#359 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Why you no fix damn exhaust yet? :P

OEM+

#360 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

I am buying TCP mufflers as soon as I get around to doing my tax return. I've had it looked at and there is a bend just after the Y-pipe. I've asked a local mechanic as well as Ben at ICHIban and both have told me that if they were to try and fix it, they could end up splitting/cracking it. There is no other way for me to fix it apart from replacing it. I've tried to raise the muffler to the hanger to no avail. It doesn't bother me so much now anyway because I will be getting the new mufflers. ;)

It does always play on my mind though whenever I see it.

Should get a p plate holder.

And also some number plate covers :)

Gay. I am getting my full license in a couple of weeks! :D

I have number plate covers, but I am trying to find some new ones to replace the dealership ones I have on there now. Not to mention they're cracked and have chips here and there.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gary, Liberty, MY06, garys build, SpecB, 2006 SpecB, machine, you jelly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users