117 replies to this topic

#61 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

Just wait until you lower it to get an alignment.

When I put mine in I drove around for 4 weeks with it pretty low then lifted it back up a bit and got an alignment.

Yea I might just do that, I think it will take me awhile to get the right height so that it is as low as possible but does not scrub when cornering hard. Managed to get one wheel up in the air and spinning trying to get into my driveway today..

#62 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Yea I might just do that, I think it will take me awhile to get the right height so that it is as low as possible but does not scrub when cornering hard. Managed to get one wheel up in the air and spinning trying to get into my driveway today..

Good advice and haha I did that in my Heritage everytime I went to the petrol station :P

#63 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

The rear looks higher than stock. 

#64 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

The rear looks higher than stock. 

It is by 1-2cm perhaps. It's just for safety of not scrubbing at all whilst I don't have guards rolled or camber, especially when I had to have a full car today. 

Looks stoopid and probably isn't good for handling, but it will have to do! What settings do you find are best for the coilovers for handling? I have them at 15 all round atm. Found that 25 was too hard and it understeered more.

#65 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

No!

Your attitude isn't stupid mate!  The tyres look in good condition and it's best to keep them that way untill you sort the guards out. No point looking good if it's going to f@rk up your tyres.

I had a real hard time finding a setting I liked. ATM I have the rears on 10 soft and the front on 5. I found the front bounced too much on full soft. The harder I set them the more I wanted to piss them off completely. 

I like the height I'm at and I reckon even on the softest setting they massively outperform normal suspension........ buuuuuuuuuuuuuttttt...... I'm getting a bit sick of them as the roads around home are so bad and it's my daily driver. Full soft front and rear was too bouncy.

Bounce or thump!

Can't have the best of both worlds I suppose.

#66 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

No!

Your attitude isn't stupid mate!  The tyres look in good condition and it's best to keep them that way untill you sort the guards out. No point looking good if it's going to f@rk up your tyres.

I had a real hard time finding a setting I liked. ATM I have the rears on 10 soft and the front on 5. I found the front bounced too much on full soft. The harder I set them the more I wanted to piss them off completely. 

I like the height I'm at and I reckon even on the softest setting they massively outperform normal suspension........ buuuuuuuuuuuuuttttt...... I'm getting a bit sick of them as the roads around home are so bad and it's my daily driver. Full soft front and rear was too bouncy.

Bounce or thump!

Can't have the best of both worlds I suppose.

Yea I don't really want to fork my tires up, want them to last as long as possible and look pretty. I think 15 is quite good, I haven't tried it on anything lower as I have some nice windy driving roads near my house and around 15-20 seems the best for handling.

But it's ridiculous how much of a difference it has made, there is nearly no body roll compared to my car nearly flipping every time I went around a corner on my stock 200,000 km suspension. It's made it fun to drive again but also highlight how much it needs more power...

It's time for boost!

#67 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

Do it!

Yeah big improvement over stock. A bit of spirited driving makes me forget about how harsh they can feel at times. :D

#68 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Do it!

Yeah big improvement over stock. A bit of spirited driving makes me forget about how harsh they can feel at times. :D

Yea, I'm not sure whether it will be worth saving for a b4 which can happen sooner, or just waiting and doing an STI conversion and going for 200 kw +.

Good news is that all the parts will swap straight into the b4! Just not keen to do another stereo install..

#69 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Yea, I'm not sure whether it will be worth saving for a b4 which can happen sooner, or just waiting and doing an STI conversion and going for 200 kw +.

Good news is that all the parts will swap straight into the b4! Just not keen to do another stereo install..

Save for B4 cause if you do a conversion you will end up spending alot of money for not much gain IMO unless you like the build process and have some money!

And this is what I did from my heritage to my B4 :D

#70 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

Save for B4 cause if you do a conversion you will end up spending alot of money for not much gain IMO unless you like the build process and have some money!

And this is what I did from my heritage to my B4 :D

Yea, I think I'm going to get a b4 when I can afford it. There are no nice ones in perth, except for a 100,000 km one for 11 grand which sold almost instantly.

#71 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

keep tight my B4 maybe up for sale soon... ( few months) has 189k at the moment... but tight and clean... good audio and exhaust... :)

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#72 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

keep tight my B4 maybe up for sale soon... ( few months) has 189k at the moment... but tight and clean... good audio and exhaust... :)

Will be awhile before I can afford one, perhaps mid next year. Why you getting rid of it?

#73 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

baby on the way... so need a wagon soon enough... GT-B 3.0 or GT turbo... one or the other

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#74 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Installed -

Whiteline rear camber bushes

rolled my rear guards

JDM Grill and some black muteki wheel nuts! (thanks chris)

JDM HIDs

This gave me a lot more room for more low!

20130705_144957_zps397f8e45.jpg

More low? Enough? Opinions please! 

p.s No scrubbing.

#75 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

I got some bad news.

Went to get my wheels aligned today and the mechanics pointed out a fair few broken things on my car that my mechanic has seemed to miss.

- Split Steering Rack boot (Supposed to be replaced, looks like it's the wrong size + been cut)

- Split Rear Diff bushing

- Need new rotors

- Split front control arm bushing

Managed to thread a bolt on my sway bar mounts. 

20130705_1717431_zpsafab6ff8.jpg

Should I take the sway bar off or is it okay to drive around like this?

So apparently I should get these fixed before I go and get my wheels aligned.

Also, should I get a complete brake upgrade whilst I have the chance now? WRX 4 pots the best option? These will eventually make their way onto a b4.

#76 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'd take the sway bar off in case you cause more damage or lose it altogether. Definitely never a good thing to have things half secured if you know what I mean. I would get everything fixed on the ASAP, and yes, it will definitely need to be done before your wheel alignment otherwise you will have to get another wheel alignment done. Waste of time and money for you.

I'm in the same boat. I've gotta wait for things to come in and buy a few extra things before I can get a wheel alignment done otherwise I'll be doing it twice.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#77 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Tried a jdm cable tie repair but looks like it has to come off.. so annoying! I just got everything together!

#78 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Take the sway bar off. I had the same thing happen to me last year and ended up needing new brackets as it completely bent out of shape!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#79 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

I hope that doesn't happen! I'll definitely be taking it off and getting a mechanic to fix it as I have no idea what to do.

#80 cre8ive

cre8ive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Do what you love and love what you do!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yes yes take it off and I will look after it for you.... (Wink)lol!
Looking good mate coming along nicely , hope to see you at the photo shoot and get a Gen 3 only group photo.

Sandy

"SLOW N LOW"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: owen1rs gen 3 lib, gen 3, liberty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users