»

Mods/Build.Gen3 Lib '00 -FR34KO -Dan

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 13 Mar 2013

Awesome photos none the less :)

:)

YEP! Done it many times at the drive ins

Oh SWEET! :)

vicelore's Photo vicelore 13 Mar 2013

I slept in the back of a Mazda 3 wagon all of summernatts.. Deff not something i want to do again lol.. Cant imangine it in the lib..

Mazda 3 wagon? As in the hatch? Ouch that would've also been tough lol! Yea, I'll be avoiding it in the future!

Hey dudes.

I plan to clay-bar the bonnet of my car tomorrow, and perhaps other areas. @people that have done it, any tips? (Morgan, I think you have?)

I am also considering doing a coolant flush and replace it with new stuff. Any tips? Like; which coolant is best to use?

Thanks all.

In other news, the black mirror surrounds have come up nicely, I'll put up pictures tomorrow.

Adam's Photo Adam 14 Mar 2013

Clay bar,

Clean car, dry car, shade, and just rub the clay. Are you using the meguiars kit? Just follow their instructions!

Wax after, and break the claybar in half, that way, if you drop it, you only have to throw out half!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 14 Mar 2013

The claybar kit comes with a frictionless spray. It's also sold separately which is great because the clay lasts much longer than the spray!

Spray the area you want to clay (do it in smallish areas), rub clay over sprayed area, wipe off with soft terry towel.

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 14 Mar 2013

Excellent! Cheers guys.

I suppose I'll use the Meguairs. Morgan, is that spray Meguairs too?

Adam's Photo Adam 14 Mar 2013

Meguiars has an awesome smell.

But don't eat it.

Also.

Frictionless*

???

Morgan's Photo Morgan 14 Mar 2013

Lol yeahhh.. frictionless!

All the kits are the same, Dan.

Just different brands.

Should be called Friction-Little. lmfao.

sweet, was wondering if i should be specifically looking for the megaiurs for the spray, but I'll just grab whatever is available! :)

Ended up buying the brand 'Mothers' I think it was.. Will probably do it on saturday day!

Mitch.'s Photo Mitch. 14 Mar 2013

Ive got the mothers one you get more claybars in that then meguiars one. Plus the detailers spray smells like coke bottle lollies ha

sweet.

Also gonna put on the rear mud guards. and maybe try to finish the other grille. But i doubt i will get enough time..

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 22 Mar 2013

Picture from the central coast meet:

Posted Image

And here's a legitimately 10 second crop job on MS Paint to lower the front of the car (before and after below).
Makes me wish I got coilovers really, but that's just more money, that'd I didn't have at the time; and more money in my pocket now..

Posted Image

Zac's Photo Zac 22 Mar 2013

Shorty get low low low low low low low low...

vicelore's Photo vicelore 22 Mar 2013

Yup looks allot better low... Mine will be very low when its finished..

I've got some Impreza King Lows sitting around, they're Super lows for Liberty's; so I better hop to it soon!!

jack_keaka's Photo jack_keaka 22 Mar 2013

Tomorrow I'm maxing out the coilovers for lolz, I'm also hoping it will stop one from creaking :/
Get those springs in! Also in your photo with the Parker's are they proper orange or red? They look red, be careful with legality issues of that... I had a cop pull me over this morning and give me 3 seperate warnings about defects. The first time since owning the car...

Adam's Photo Adam 22 Mar 2013

You fogs were nightclub spec on sat night!!!

oooo Take plenty of photos Jack! WIll look so fukin sick lol.

They're a full-on orange, no redness and not too bright also, the blinkers are much brighter. I'm aware it may cause a stir, but Pleeenty of cars these days have orange parkers, beamers, mercs, etc. But also, if a copper pins me on it, "they were like that when I bought it" and I'd point out the fact about the other cars with the same.
:)
What did the cop give you warnings for!! :(

You fogs were nightclub spec on sat night!!!

Hahahaha yeah! SOBs lol. I need to replace them or go back to stock fogs!