←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Mods/Build.Gen3 Lib '00 -FR34KO -Dan

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 09 Mar 2012

How urgent is it that I fix it up?

Not urgent at all. The bolt is still there holding it together - the mechanic can deal with it at the next timing belt change.

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 12 Mar 2012

i see i see :)

smallish update.. Going to be grabbing the bilstein strut and spring combo of shazza hopefully within 2 weeks. cant wait!

Zach.'s Photo Zach. 12 Mar 2012

i see i see :)

smallish update.. Going to be grabbing the bilstein strut and spring combo of shazza hopefully within 2 weeks. cant wait!

Nice upgrade mate!! It was my other choice but i decided to go for coilovers instead.

Cheers, Zach.

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 12 Mar 2012

yeah should be a good little setup. coilies gives dem head turnz appeal tho!

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 13 Mar 2012

also, adding these to the list:

Get fulls!!
Orange centre caps and nuts

Autobarnz do free testing of batteries, and if it's farked they give you money for your rooted one.
A multimeter will tell you if your alternator is munted.

well that is cool! so do they give you a discount on a battery if i buy it from them?

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 20 Mar 2012

yo yo

Been amazed to see this piece of shit crop up on my boot.

Posted Image

the one on the left is just expanding.. used to be the size of a ten cent coin. Its literally a water sack too lol. and the other one started from some Posted Image'ing leaves combining with rain and then drying in the sun. same with all the other litttle shits all over the clear.

REALLY thinking that i might just paint my boot instead of the one i got off dan.
Also considering if i should do the whole boot black, or just the top face of the boot, from above the lights. Whats everyone think!? Thinking this as the large amount of black cutting down into the red might not look that good due to the angle the boot comes in and such...

Posted Image

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 20 Mar 2012

Hows this?

Posted Image

Adam's Photo Adam 20 Mar 2012

I'm not a fan of the black at all. But painting just to the garnish, I think will look best. Get someone to photo chop it!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 20 Mar 2012

Continue the black down the roof and bonnet?

Chuck a Ben :)

Posted Image

Mitch.'s Photo Mitch. 20 Mar 2012

Posted Image

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 21 Mar 2012

wow friggen hell those PShops are awesome!!

I have pshop at my place (which im not staying at now, unfortunately) can I ask how you guys did that?

Thanks for that so much, chris and mitch. to the top of the rear garnish looks so much better!

I should probably take a normal picture, without fish eye lens.. (those were taken with a gopro) to get a better understanding of the whole colour dealio

Yea morgs that looks great too! But i dunno.. My boss has done that with his magna.. black on top and a dark green on the bottom. actually looks good.

Think ill just go over the roof with vinyl wrap. I like the look of many of the new cars comin out these days; they've got the pillars body colour with the roof black. looks sleek.
IE the new Kia optima i think its called. and i think the hyandai i45 has it. and some 4wd too

Mitch.'s Photo Mitch. 21 Mar 2012

no problem mate. For photo shop i just selected everything around the garnish, number plate and boot with magnetic lasso then changed the hue/saturation until i got it looking black. :)

Shaz's Photo Shaz 21 Mar 2012

Black boot looks awesome.

Do eet.

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 21 Mar 2012

Do want to.

With spoiler or without ?

(bleck spoiler also)

Ben_20EJT's Photo Ben_20EJT 21 Mar 2012

With spoiler or without ?

with small lip spoiler on the edge of to the boot, thats my vote.

Mitch.'s Photo Mitch. 21 Mar 2012

with small lip spoiler on the edge of to the boot, thats my vote.

+1 for this

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 22 Mar 2012

I'm beginning to miss my spoiler :(
Maybe even keep my spoiler red and see how that looks lol..

Would the lip spoiler be black youz think?

I like the black on other colour look. but black on black, I think it'd be too unoticeable.. thoughts?

But with the factory spoiler black, I think it'd look cool cos it'd be kinda 'there' but kinda not. Ignore fact that this sounds similar reason against lip spoiler! (haha)

Mitch.'s Photo Mitch. 22 Mar 2012

I personally would have both spoilers black on the black boot. But that's just me.

bd-850's Photo bd-850 22 Mar 2012

i love this little wing
Posted Image

the problem with the gen3 is there are no roof rails so there will be a edge if you use vinyl,

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 23 Mar 2012

Wow never seen that wing! pretty interesting.. got anymore pics of it?

With the vinyl, I'll just run it along the grooves in the moulding of the roof :) and the roof racks will distract from the edge also :)