Suby Club

»

Gen3 Outback to JDM WRX Conversion

Morgan's Photo Morgan 30 Jan 2013

Well pissed off.

Don't blame you.

I would be too!

Sam's Photo Sam 30 Jan 2013

Out of the $2380 that I was quoted, around about $1000 of it was for a new panel. I think a mate of mine is wrecking his car so I might be able to get it a fair bit cheaper. Hardest part is that the glass needs to come out.

vicelore's Photo vicelore 30 Jan 2013

Funny.. My car was vandalized.. Some prick kicked my side mirrors off etc.. And no one saw it.. I didnt have to pay shit.. I dont see why its any different.

Hmmm I am with Just Car, I probably should call them and see…

vicelore's Photo vicelore 30 Jan 2013

Say some prick hit it with a bat.. :) I claimed a dint that wasnt caused from the knob kicking it..

It was caused by a bit of wood flicking up from under the tyre.. It was a good dint too.. The panel beater was like " they must of kicked the shit out of the panel with a bat.." I was like yup.. Posted Image'ing insurance companys..

Thats not a bad idea, maybe I should claim it on all the other dints too…

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 30 Jan 2013

I installed a brand new Exedy Sports Organic clutch today. Took around about 6 hours to complete. And to think that I was going to give it a crack in my driveway without a hoist!!! :/

Soft.

Sound like the rest is coming together nicely :)

Morgan's Photo Morgan 30 Jan 2013

Didn't think those side windows were too hard?

Dad and I changed a side window in our old 80 series in about 30 mins

Soft.

Sound like the rest is coming together nicely :)

Hahaha, got it done in the end, and yes I am still enjoying this car and everything that comes with it.

Didn't think those side windows were too hard?

Dad and I changed a side window in our old 80 series in about 30 mins

I could probably have a crack at doing it myself, and then pay a painter to colourmatch the panel.. I will look into it.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 30 Jan 2013

Why would you be paying the excess if they hit you in the rear ?.. PS thats Posted Image'ing allot of excess. mines like $400

More excess = lower price to pay for insurance.

Beckers's Photo Beckers 30 Jan 2013

The rear wagon window are glued in.
They are a cu#t to remove.
Mine had to be removed to paint the qty panel, the glass guy broke it !!

Sam's Photo Sam 05 Feb 2013

More updates!

Here is a picture of the damage caused by either a caravan or a truck/ute at work..
Posted Image
Will probably just mould the panel back and try to get it as close to original as possible…

Recently went on a little cruise with a few of the GC8 crew… The boys were all quite impressed at the power the Outback was making, especially with the small TD04 turbo in it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also installed a set of BC coilovers from Zach.
Sits soooo much lower now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Have resprayed the white Rota Grids to a Gunmetal grey colour. Have done one side, will do the other side tomorrow.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I was hoping they would be a lot darker though… I will trial this colour for a while and if I need to go darker then this is a good undercoat.

The car is getting the exhaust fixed at the moment, the flexi pipe just after the dump pipe had hit on speedhumps too much, so I got it replaced with a pipe and moved up a bit to reduce scraping… Although I have lowered the car about another inch. Haha.

At this stage the Outback is running a straight pipe from the turbo back. Sounds absolutely awesome and not too loud!

It does however need a retune, so I will be getting this looked at as soon as funds permit.

Sam

Posted Image

Posted Image

Morgan's Photo Morgan 05 Feb 2013

Looking super sexy dude!

...except for the dent :P

I like the colour. Matches the lower half of the car :)

The old red front strut brace has been Plastidipped and whitline sticker attached. I will be making as many things as I can a proper colour, just to make the car neater.

Posted Image

Thanks Morgz! The white was getting way too dirty, but I still would like to go a darker grey for the rims.
The car is definitely coming together nice.

simon's Photo simon 05 Feb 2013

Im liking it!!!!

Nice work.

Rim colour suits really well.

Posted Image

Morgan's Photo Morgan 05 Feb 2013

Hahaha just notice the plates!

Adam's Photo Adam 05 Feb 2013

Hahaha just notice the plates!

lol!

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 05 Feb 2013