Photo

Gary's 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB

gary Liberty MY06 garys build SpecB 2006 SpecB machine you jelly?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#41 Harry88

Harry88

Soccer Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Good purchase Garry. Just keep is updated with what you do :)

#42 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Nice one Gary.
I will be interested in how this progresses.

I'm still looking for mine...

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#43 hoff

hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Nice one Gary.
I will be interested in how this progresses.

I'm still looking for mine...

Buy mine ;)

#44 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

He does Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane trips quite frequently.

Oh really? Awesome. Thanks Sam.

I've heard some bad things recently from some big names in the subaru crowd about Throttlehappy/Kido tunes. (Band-aid fixes, Rich tunes, Detonation ect) No names will be mentioned.

As for exhausts, A resonator/muffler delete will be cheap, legal and give you that lovely scream these engines put out.

Or you could spend $20,000 on a brand name exhaust that will sound the exact same.

You can also do a resonatorectomy, Which will make the car scream a bit at WOT http://forum.liberty...&t=6200&start=0

As for tunes...

Swing Autotech Engineering, MSR (Michael South Engineering) or Hitman (He's good with H6's apparently) emails and see what they can do for you.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips Cam., a big help. So you're saying that a resonator/muffler delete on my stock exhaust system is all I'd need to get the sound you're talking about? I thought I'd may be need to do those things plus get a larger sized exhaust system. Thanks for the references to those places too. I'll be emailing them.

Great purchase for your P's. :D

Foglight.....

At some stage it hasnt been sealed properly and water/dirt has gotten in there. You can remove, pull apart and clean. Not something to tackle if your not handy.

RHS muffler.....

Why is it hanging down / misaligned?

Grills....

Corazon

IMAG0461.jpg

Oem (same as yours) modded with inner painted satin black including badge background (silver in that pic) and color coded outer.

IMAG1107.jpg

Sooooooo many possibilities. Dont even start me on wheels. :lol:

Thanks a lot CRUISN. It took a while but I got there in the end thankfully. I'm handy and will definitely be cleaning that foglight. It annoys me as well. I really have no idea why it is like that, but noticed it when buying it. I just thought it'd be a rubber thingo that snapped or wore out. I'll look into it when I get a chance. Another thing that bugs me. I like both grills to be honest, and wouldn't mind getting the OEM modded grille. Looks pretty sick. But then the Corazon grille makes it look beasty.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm thinking the Enkei STI rims, which I assume would cost me a mint. In black of course. Blue on black should look tits.

Congrats on the purchase mate, time to get busy!!

Thanks aekOne! It definitely is. I've been treating her well but eventually you gotta change their clothes. ;)

Good purchase Garry. Just keep is updated with what you do :)

Most definitely. I'll keep this topic up to date whenever I do something to the car.

And I'll try and feed that interest RX25SE. Thanks man.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#45 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Very nice man !!

#46 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thanks mate. Every time I get in it I have the biggest smile on my face. It's just this Christmas period that's stopping me from doing what I have to do. And work of course. Finally have just a half day tomorrow, then the work Christmas party and then I'm free for a few weeks! :D

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#47 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Buy mine ;)

PMed.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#48 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

For some reason the inside roof at the rear of my Liberty on each corner seems to be wet! I don't know how water is getting in there but I assume it's the rubbers on the outside when you open the boot. They are in place and I can't see anything wrong with them though. They are firmly squashed into the holes which I assume would act as a barrier to keep the water out. When facing the boot, the left side has a larger wet patch then the right side.

Any ideas on why this is occurring and what I can do to get rid of it? Water in a car spells destruction. The sooner I get rid of it the better.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#49 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Does it have a sunroof?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#50 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

It does indeed. It can't possibly be coming from the roof though. Yesterday I was at my grandparents place and the car was sitting slightly downhill in the driveway facing forward.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#51 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi,

The sunroof drains on the left side though!

Cheers,
Nik

#52 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

So does that mean there is a leak, or dare I say it, rust? How would I go about fixing it? Would it be something I could fix at home or would I have to take it somewhere?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#53 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Check the seal around the tailgate.

Even pour some water over it and check as you do.

Also make sure the flexible boot for the spoiler wiring is seated properly.

OEM+

#54 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Mate of mine has an XT Lux and has a bad leak in the sunroof. Drains out into his boot.

Only happens when parked on a backwards slope though. We poured water over the roof and it was pretty bad!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#55 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Thanks boys. I think it might be the flexible rubbers for the spoiler wiring. I just had a proper look and undid both. When I took out the left one, it seemed a lot looser then you'd expect. I am almost certain it's that. I can't see anything else wrong all around the bootlid seals and what not. I will be pouring water all over the sunroof though to make sure it isn't that before doing anything. Then I'll wait a while, check, and wait a little longer so that any leftover water evaporates. I'll then do the same for the tailgate area.

Morgan, your mate had a significantly larger problem then mine has. The roof lining towards the passenger side rear column gets moist but nothing drips and there is no constant flow of water falling inside the car.

How would I go about fixing the rubbers? They are in good nick so buying new ones will be unnecessary. Do you recommend putting a small amount of clear silicon or may be even grease so it seals the gap properly?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#56 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Silicone would be a cheap short term fix, I'd say... New seals might be the go if it still persists.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#57 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

New seals it is (once I confirm that they are the issue). Thanks guys. There isn't much happening at the moment in regards to mods for the Liberty yet but that's only because I managed to buy it at this time of year. Filled with all sorts of busy I am unable to put my attention on the car but once the new year is upon us, she'll definitely be splurged on.

Would you recommend I get a service under my ownership even though the last service was done in November by the previous owner?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#58 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I wouldn't worry about a service yet... Wait until the next 10k milestone or May 2013 whichever comes first.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#59 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I think it's next due in March or something according to the little Subaru servicing sticker on my windscreen so not too long to wait it out anyway. Not that it needs it. I've not encountered any problems whatsoever. It's the best car I've ever had.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#60 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Maybe just check the fluids and keep an eye on em until the service then, so you can learn the engines habbits :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gary, Liberty, MY06, garys build, SpecB, 2006 SpecB, machine, you jelly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users