117 replies to this topic

#1 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Decided to get a build thread going as big changes are happening this week!

Anyways, here is my current list of mods and how my car is looking at the moment.

Current Mods -

18x8.5 +44 Rota Gforces, wrapped in 225/40

Custom 2.5 Cat back exhaust

BC V1 Coilovers

Whiteline Rear Sway Bar 

Whiteline HD Links 

JDM HIDs

RFRB Front Grille 

Audio -

Focal PS165 Two Ways

Alpine Type R 12" Subwoofer

Alpine CDE-135BT Headunit 

Alpine PDX-V9 Amplifier

Future Plans -

JDM RSK front bar

WRX Seats

Chu chu's

20130710_165402_zps1a4ec113.jpg20130710_165323_zpsb654d500.jpg

#2 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Nice, decent audio setup aswell.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#3 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Nice, decent audio setup aswell.

Couldn't be happier with it, running active and installed it all myself! Got it tuned by the pro's however.

#4 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Couldn't be happier with it, running active and installed it all myself! Got it tuned by the pro's however.

Very nice, ive been toying with the idea of active, but far out that is a lot of work, plus im happy with it at the moment.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

Horsepower Factory

#5 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Very nice, ive been toying with the idea of active, but far out that is a lot of work, plus im happy with it at the moment.

Tweeters absolutely come alive. It's ridiculous the improvement over stock and I managed to get it all for a decent price, but yes. It is a whole lot of work, especially doing the Dynamat on the inside of the doors! So many cuts it's not even funny.

#6 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

Boxer this, Boxer that, Boxer EVERYTHING!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Nice clean Gen 3 :) i may suggest colour coding the door side strips like i did with my old gen 3 :)

as you can see here, also if you are chasing a little more noise i may suggest an intake designator delete

http://www.subyclub....ib/#entry249963

#7 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Fark, if you lived in Melbourne I would have loved to check it out.

Horsepower Factory

#8 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Nice clean Gen 3 :) i may suggest colour coding the door side strips like i did with my old gen 3 :)

as you can see here, also if you are chasing a little more noise i may suggest an intake designator delete

http://www.subyclub....ib/#entry249963

I've been thinking of doing the intake, but haven't been able to find the correct sized piping after looking in bunnings and repco/supercheap. I know many people do colour code it but I actually prefer it with the black wheels :D

Fark, if you lived in Melbourne I would have loved to check it out.

For the money, this is probably one the better setups you can get especially with the PDX-V9s being 40% off when I bought it. That's if you like the sound of the focals. The Type R is more than enough, could go with a cheaper sub in a better box. I only have a crappy pre fab.

#9 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Nice and tidy mate :)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#10 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Nice and tidy mate :)

Thanks brah :) I'm hoping with some new number plates and the RSK front bar/Grill it will look sexy.

#11 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

With your active setup, have you kept the speakers in the stock locations?

Horsepower Factory

#12 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

I like it. Very clean

tIeW8DE.png

#13 thatTTguy

thatTTguy

This isn't where I parked my car..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Trials, Snowboarding, Automobiles

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Nice gen 3 mate!

Love the audio setup too, looks a lot like mine.
40% off that PDX is a steal! 

#14 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

With your active setup, have you kept the speakers in the stock locations?

Yep, managed to jam the tweeters into the stock locations with just a bit of filing. Their positioning (direction) isn't optimal but it's pretty damn good, door speaker is in the same spot with a new mount and gasket. 

I like it. Very clean

Cheers 

Nice gen 3 mate!

Love the audio setup too, looks a lot like mine.
40% off that PDX is a steal! 

Picked up the Focals at 20% off and the headunit at 30% off. I think I did quite well..

#15 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

Looks like another Gen 3 is out to compete with me for a decent audio setup :P

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#16 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

nice to see someone going for SQ over SPL! i'm an audiophile, and have some really esoteric home gear ( some old Linn, Naim Audio, Arcam and Luxman) so needless to say i need the same in my car... i have had a set of focal 165K's since 06 that i have carted from car to car... i've run them from a big JVC 4ch (model number escapes me) thats is 75w ch running off a CDA 9887 that once was imprint tuned! (that was amazing)

i only yesterday attempted to fit a 7" Tablet and the 9887 into the fascia of my B4, but being 200km away from a wrecker that will have what i wanted i decided against it...

my poor old focals are dying :( surrounds been bashed around from being stored and tweeters arent working... so i grabbed a set of MB Quart DWE 160 PS drivers from a mate... i ran out of time, and havent installed the speakers yet... so i just powered the mcintosh speakers ( with rotten surrounds) and enjoyed them all the way to perth and back with great satisfaction! the tweeters were very good! i also enjoyed my Alpine ZR music max 12" sub thats in a velvet lined 32m marine ply box that was made by the WA boss of apline lol :)

anyways... sorry to hijack your thread... its good to see someone who has some taste in cars and audio equipment!!!! :)

Edited by Dimeb4g, 04 June 2013 - 01:13 AM.

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#17 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Looks like another Gen 3 is out to compete with me for a decent audio setup :P

Your set up looks pretty mad! Although I haven't listened to that brand of speakers.

#18 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

Your set up looks pretty mad! Although I haven't listened to that brand of speakers.

JL's are pretty good, they came recommended. I have the "budget" (yeah, right $350 a pair...) splits. Mate of mine worked for JB at the time and hooked me up.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#19 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

nice to see someone going for SQ over SPL! i'm an audiophile, and have some really esoteric home gear ( some old Linn, Naim Audio, Arcam and Luxman) so needless to say i need the same in my car... i have had a set of focal 165K's since 06 that i have carted from car to car... i've run them from a big JVC 4ch (model number escapes me) thats is 75w ch running off a CDA 9887 that once was imprint tuned! (that was amazing)

i only yesterday attempted to fit a 7" Tablet and the 9887 into the fascia of my B4, but being 200km away from a wrecker that will have what i wanted i decided against it...

my poor old focals are dying :( surrounds been bashed around from being stored and tweeters arent working... so i grabbed a set of MB Quart DWE 160 PS drivers from a mate... i ran out of time, and havent installed the speakers yet... so i just powered the mcintosh speakers ( with rotten surrounds) and enjoyed them all the way to perth and back with great satisfaction! the tweeters were very good! i also enjoyed my Alpine ZR music max 12" sub thats in a velvet lined 32m marine ply box that was made by the WA boss of apline lol :)

anyways... sorry to hijack your thread... its good to see someone who has some taste in cars and music! :)

The only reason you would want SPL is if you were looking to go deaf quickly perhaps if your wife was annoying you, but other than that I don't see the point. I'm not that knowledgeable on audio, only have a basic understanding but I managed to put a pretty good system together. Although I do need a tuned sub box, which are pretty expensive unless you know where to get one on the cheap! All I know is when I get more cash I'll be upgrading to a higher model of focals, they don't even compare to brand new speakers in brand new cars on the market. Just amazing.

That's pretty brave saying I have a good taste in music not knowing what I listen to haha, dem focals play da wobblez of my dubstep tunes hella nicely aye

#20 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

haha edited! to what i meant to say! lol :P

dubstep isnt music! so that doesnt count anyway!!!

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: owen1rs gen 3 lib, gen 3, liberty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users